Learn how to build a guitar with Crimson Guitars tutorial videos
We are slowly filming and editing various videos giving an over-view of how to go about building a guitar, from the broad strokes in the full series of 15 videos following the PAF 25 build to more in depth tutorial videos like the fretting episodes, we will be building up this section for the rest of time! If you have any requests feel free to email or call, in the meantime enjoy the videos below and don’t forget to browse through the 5 years worth of guitar building photos in the Guitar Builders Blog.
- Part 1 | how to fret a guitar video tutorial
- Part 2 | how to fret a guitar video tutorial
- leveling and polishing guitar frets | how to build a guitar tutorial
- Leveling, crowning and dressing the frets of a worn PRS guitar
- guitar nut materials and their tonal properties
- What makes a custom guitar a custom guitar?
- How to cut a guitars nut slots - guitar building basics
- A guitar builders basic hand tool sharpening
- An entire custom guitar build in timelapse - part 1
- An entire custom guitar build in timelapse - part 2
- Are 3d printed guitars the future of guitar building?
- Designing a custom guitar in timelapse with Crimson Guitars
- potting pickups - a guitar building tutorial following the wax potting process
- installing a Matt Bellamy style xy MIDIpad Kaoss pad controller into a guitar
- basic inlay technique part 1 - marking out and cutting out a new guitar inlay
- basic inlay technique part 2 - recessing the cavity and gluing in the new guitar inlay
- how to make your own cam or luthier clamps