- Precision UK made Fret Leveling File tools made as standard with an ergonomic ash handle. The 6.25″ long files are smooth cut and single cut and thus do not create any ‘chatter’ as you level your frets. The edges of each file are precision ground as standard to allow the tool to be used as a preliminary fret crowning file.
- Handmade in the UK
- ash handles
- 6.25″ long Japanese made single cut file
- Smooth cut file for fine finish
- Perfect on stainless steel frets
- Ground edges for preliminary fret crowning
- Ergonomic handle hand carved in the UK
Our 1″ wide 6.25″ long files are made for precise fret leveling across the whole fretboard.The timber handles are hand lapped on a precision grinding plate for absolute straightness and are completed with a hard wearing but attractive melamine. As these tools are hand made, we cannot guarantee that the wood used to make your tool will be the same as it appears in the images above; but rest assured, they will be of the highest quality.
Fret leveling files are the quick and easy way to get a perfectly level set of frets no matter what the radius of the fretboard you’re working on is, a lot of new guitars (like those built here at Crimson Guitars) have compound radii which provide better playability and even vintage guitars that have had their frets leveled a few times will more than likely end up with a non-standard radius. It is at this point where radius blocks become less than useless and you need a leveling file.
Check out our YouTube channel for more videos on how to get the most out of your Crimson Guitars precision hand tools as well as a myriad of guitar building tutorials and demo videos.
We ship worldwide – no exceptions!